Stroke Care & Recovery
Getting the Care You Need, FAST
- Our expertise has made us a Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Experienced staff uses evidence-based collaborative treatment and a team approach
Getting the right care quickly is crucial when dealing with a stroke. At Twin Cities Community Hospital, our stroke specialists can quickly identify and treat those suffering from stroke. As a Certified Primary Stroke Center, we’re proud to provide this important service to the San Luis Obispo County region.
Our highly trained staff uses evidence-based collaborative treatment and an interdisciplinary team approach. The Stroke Center’s five primary objectives are to:
- Assess the patient in a timely manner.
- Provide rapid and appropriate treatment.
- Preserve brain and brain function.
- Prevent post-treatment complications.
- Reduce residual effects.
24/7 Emergency Care
The Twin Cities Community Hospital emergency room works to limit damage from a stroke by providing immediate care. Seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you know experiences possible symptoms of a stroke:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Even if these signs or symptoms fluctuate or disappear, you should still call 911 immediately.